We want to make travel on our buses easier for everyone, including passengers with disabilities and those with young children and foldable buggies. Since 2002, we have introduced easy-access buses across our network and are happy to confirm that all our Local Service buses are easy-access.
This means our buses feature:
- Low entrances that can "kneel" to kerb height to give step free access where possible
- Retractable boarding ramp for wheelchair access
- Completely flat areas on the lower deck (no internal steps to worry about)
- High visibility handrails
- A dedicated wheelchair space
Due to the limited space dedicated to the carrying of wheelchairs and buggies we offer the following guidance to the public and our staff:
- Only one wheelchair can be accommodated on any of our buses at one time.
- Wheelchairs have priority over folding buggies.
- We treat non-folding walking aids (with or without a seat) as a wheelchair
- 2 Folding Buggies can be carried at any one time. (Due to space restrictions, one twin buggy needs to count as two normal buggies)
- On arrival at a bus stop, if a folding buggy is already in the wheelchair space then the buggy should be folded and stored in the luggage space to allow the wheelchair user to board.
- if the dedicated space for the wheelchair is already occupied with standing passengers then, unfortunately, the customer will have to wait for the next bus.
- Mobility Scooters are not permitted on our vehicles.