Scottish Concessionary Passes
If you have a Scottish concessionary pass this entitles you to free travel on:
- Our cross border routes 235, 253 and 236.
- 67 – Berwick and Galashiels.
- 51/52 - Jedburgh/Kelso and Edinburgh
- 60 - Galashiels and Berwick
- 68 - Jedburgh and Galashiels
- 20 (Sundays only) - Hawick and Kelso
You cannot use this within our Berwick town service buses.
English Concessionary Bus Pass (a pass issued by a English Local Authority)
English Concessionary passes can be used on our Berwick Town Service. There are some notes to be aware of:
- If the pass is for a Disabled Person (yellow marking on pass) or has a C+1, then this can be used for free travel at anytime in Berwick.
- If the pass is not a Disabled pass or does not have C + 1 marked on it then the pass cannot be used until after 9.00am as stipulated by Northumberland County Council.
- English Passes can be used for a half fare concession on the following cross Border Routes – 235, 236 & 253.
- An English Pass on our routes 60 and 67 – Berwick to Galashiels, entitles you to travel free, as long as you either start your journey in Northumberland or finish in Northumberland. If you get off the bus in Scotland (i.e. Kelso and get back on in Kelso, then you have to pay a full fare).
- You are also entitled to travel free to Eyemouth only on Routes 235, 236 & 253. (This is an agreement between ourselves & Northumberland County Council)
North East Explorer Ticket
- These tickets are accepted on our following NCC Routes – 477, 267 & 464. Please note although we accept these tickets, we do not issue them.
- These tickets cannot be used on our Berwick Town Service.
- These tickets can only be used on our 267 & 464 PM runs (school days only, subject to availability of seats)
- Please note although we accept these tickets, we do not issue them.
- Children travel for free until they reach the age of 5.
- England – Once a child reaches the age of 14 they must pay a full adult fare. (unless travelling to/from School on School days)
- Scotland – Once a child reaches the age of 16 they must pay a full adult fare. (unless travelling to/from School on School days)
- Euro 26 Cards – Although we accept these cards as proof of age we do not offer any additional discount with the use of these cards.
Parents & Children please note: We have had some issues in the past with Children/Young Adults claiming they are still entitled to half fare when in fact they are not this has been particularly apparent at Evenings and Weekends.
Please en-sure your child has the correct pass or proof of age to avoid any confusion. If the child has no proof of age they may be charged a full fare.